- From the Go to Apps > G Suite > Drive and Docs.
- Click Transfer ownership.
- In the From field, enter the current owner’s username and select their domain.
- In the To field, enter the new owner’s username and select their domain.
- Click Transfer Files.
- The files are automatically added to the new owner’s Drive. They appear in a folder named with the previous owner’s email address.
- The original owner can still edit the files, unless their account is deleted or their permissions are changed.
- Do not suspend the new owner's account during the transfer.
- An email is sent to the administrator, and to the new and old owners. The email describes if the transfer succeeded or failed.
Created by: Bonnke Muthusi
Modified on: Tue, 28 Aug, 2018 at 9:12 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.